Welcome to the TextMagic Distribution Lists introduction video.
With TextMagic Distribution Lists you can easily forward email alerts as text messages to an unlimited number of people at once.
To set up a distribution list, select the Services section, and then Distribution Lists from the main menu.
As an example, let’s set up a text message alert for whenever a server monitoring service sends us an email.
First of all, let’s create a new distribution list and choose a name for this list.
You can also choose what parts of the email alert should be forwarded as a text message, how long your text message can be and which number the text message should be sent from.
You will now see the email address of your distribution list. Whenever an email is sent to that address, it will be converted to a text message and delivered to all the recipients that you added in the first step.
Now let’s switch to our Gmail and set up the automatic forwarding rule to our new distribution list.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. In the "Forwarding" section, click Add a forwarding address.
5. Enter the email address of the TextMagic distribution list.
6. Click Next, then Proceed and then OK.
7. A verification message will be sent to that address. Every recipient in the distribution list will receive a text message with the confirmation code. It is very important that the maximum length of the message was set to 6 parts earlier because otherwise we would not see the confirmation code.
8. Enter the confirmation code to verify the forwarding email address.
9. If we select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to setting, it would mean that every email you receive would be forwarded as a text message. However, we only need to forward our server monitoring emails.
10. To arrange this, we need to create a filter.
11. Click the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab.
12. Click Create a new filter.
13. Filter all messages that come from your server monitoring service email address.
14. Click Create filter with this search.
15. Make sure the forwarding option is checked and your distribution list email address is selected.
16. Click Create filter.
Now the developers will receive a text message every time my server monitoring service sends an alert regarding the servers.
TextMagic Distribution Lists can be used with any service. You can forward booking confirmations, meeting reminders, important alerts or any other emails as text messages to the relevant people automatically.