TextMagic can save you a lot of time by sending text messages to a group of people at once. Before you send text messages we recommend you create custom fields (mail merge) for your contacts, and import contacts from .CSV or Excel file.
To send text messages to a group of contacts:
- Click Compose from the main menu.
- There are several ways to add recipients:
- Type or paste numbers in the international format (countrycodephoneumber). For example: +447520633003 or 00447520633003 for the UK; +12565842044 or 0012565842044 for the USA.
- Type or paste numbers in your local format. For example: 07520633003 (UK), 256 584 2044 (US).
- Add from your Contacts.
- Add from your Lists.
- Add from your Frequently used numbers.
- Select the number you want the text message to be delivered from. (Learn more about Sender settings).
- Type your message into the message box. You will automatically see how many parts your message contains. (Learn more about SMS length.) You can also send personalized bulk SMS using templates and tags.
- When you’re done, click Preview message or Send.
- Congratulations, your message has been sent! You can now review sent messages history.
- Delivered – the message has been sent and the recipient’s network has confirmed delivery.
- Sent – the message has been sent but delivery has not been confirmed, for example because the recipient’s phone is switched off. Delivery notification may take up to 12 hours.
- Failed – the message has been sent but the recipient’s network is unable to deliver it. For example, because the recipient has cancelled their mobile contract.
- Rejected – the SMS has been refused, by either the recipient’s network or TextMagic. For example, because the recipient has unsubscribed from your marketing messages or because you do not have a mandatory virtual number.