SMS Chat is a quick and easy of sending and replying to texts, so you can have two-way text chat.
This works with:
- Shared reply numbers
- Dedicated numbers
Before using SMS chat, you need to configure your sender settings. Learn more about Sender settings.
To send a message using SMS Chat:
- Go to SMS Chat.
- Click New chat.
- Type a number or name and click Enter or Start.
- Type in your message. (Learn how to personalise messages by using templates and tags). You will automatically see how many parts your message consists of. (Learn more about SMS length.)
- Click Send.
- Your message has been sent. You can now see:
- Date and time of sending.
- Delivery status.
Please note, when you are looking at data for sent SMS there are several different delivery statuses:
- Delivered – the message has been sent and the recipient’s network has confirmed delivery.
- Accepted – the message has been sent but delivery has not been confirmed, for example because the recipient’s phone is switched off. Delivery notification may take up to 12 hours.
- Failed – the message has been sent but the recipient’s network is unable to deliver it. For example, because the recipient has cancelled their mobile contract.
- Rejected – the SMS has been refused, either by the recipient’s network or TextMagic. For example, because the recipient has unsubscribed from your marketing messages.
When a person either replies or sends an SMS to your dedicated number, you will see a red notification next to SMS Chat and the message highlighted in bold.
SMS Chat also lets you:
- Filter messages by date.
- Search in chat for specific information.
- Download chat history.
- Configure your chat settings.