With TextMagic Distribution lists you can easily forward email alerts as text messages. Your app sends an email to the distribution list email address, which is then converted to a text message and delivered to everyone on the distribution list.
To set up 3rd party email alerts forwarding:
- Select Services and then Distribution lists from the main menu.
- Click New distribution list.
- Give your SMS distribution list a name.
- Add the recipients.
- Choose which part of the email should be included in a text message:
- Email subject and email body
- Only email body
- Only email subject
- Set the maximum length of the text message. (Learn more about maximum SMS length).
- Choose the Sender settings (the number that your message will be sent from).
- Click Continue.
- Your SMS distribution list is now ready for use!
When an email is sent to the distribution list email address, all the recipients you added in the Step 1 will receive a text message with the contents of the email.